Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Giddy as a School Girl

After eight days, my running hiatus is finally over.  I completed a three mile run Monday and so far my shin feels good.  Now it’s back to some serious running.

Most of my training has consisted of simply putting in the miles with a few hills thrown in for variety.  I have really been slacking off when it comes to speed work.

Thanks to WVR, tonight I have a real speed workout planned, on a real track, under the supervision of a real coach. I’m as giddy as a school girl.  I’ll probably faint like one too, as it will likely still be near 90 degrees when we begin.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. It has to feel good to be back out there. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the ending of the hiatus! I hate a running hiatus - throws me all out of whack!

    ReplyDelete