Wednesday, September 1, 2010

DoppelLaufer Virtual 5k Update

The starting gun will fire in 10 more days with what is certain to be the shot heard round the web.

Our virtual race has grown from 3 runners to 14, representing 12 different states from Florida to Washington and all points in between.

Here is the current list of participants, including handicaps:


As always the taunting and camaraderie continues here:

DoppelLaufers Good Natured Taunting and Race Reports Thread

The competition is fierce. At the moment, the most intense rivalry seems to be centered around a father/daughter pair from Rhode Island who are resorting to outright sabotage and dirty tactics to gain an advantage. The details are a little sketchy, but rumor has it that pancakes and bacon were involved

7 comments:

  1. I'm not playing favorites (or am I??), but I'll be rooting for Maryalicia! I'd be joining you guys, but instead of 5 I am an overachiever and running a 10K. Go me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Mainer so you really do have the entire nation covered here. Branch out a tiny bit more and you can claim the rights to an international event. Whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Fruitfly I'm hurt you would choose her over me. Maybe I'll dock her a few seconds on her handicap ;-} Good luck on your 10k, maybe you can race with us next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I've gotta support a fellow Pacific NW girl! Yeah, hopefully I can play along next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ middleagedrunner I think, but I'm not sure, that Don lives north of the border in Canada even though he's racing in Buffalo. Actually in that area I think it might even be west of the border. I think that may be close enough to call it an international competition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bird: I live just north of Buffalo, but I like to think of it as Southern Canada, just the same way I think of anything beyond South Buffalo as being in Pennsylvania. My sense of geography is a little skewed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Don I’m embarrassingly inept at geography too. I guess we’re not quite international yet.

    ReplyDelete