Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Marathon Pace Wrist Bands

I thought I would share this handy tool I plan to use to help me stay on my target pace (10:52) for the Jacksonville Bank Marathon this weekend.

I long ago figured out that even simple math is beyond my mental capacity once I pass the 20 mile mark in a run.  With a glance at my Garmin I can easily determine stats like my current pace, average pace for the current mile and my average pace for the entire race.  If I'm off target though, I find it very hard to calculate how much I need to speed up or slow down in order to get back on track.

I tried to do exactly that calculation late in the Marine Corps Marathon and ultimately gave up.  I finished the race with a PR which was awesome but just missed the goal I had set for myself and couldn't help but be just a little disappointed.

I would hate to fall short of my responsibility as a pace leader this weekend because of a math error.  This wrist band, courtesy of Marathon Guide, should help.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, and good luck leading the way. I can't wait to read the report.

    ReplyDelete